Thursday, December 11, 2008

mushroom pastries (pasties?)



I'm a vegetarian, but I have to admit to having a fascination with meat pies and pasties (is that really the word? Doesn't that have another, less-appetizing meaning?). I think it might be because I'm also a huge fan of Dickens. What's that you say? He's ridiculously sappy? I would reply that you haven't actually read any Dickens, because he's actually very dark, extremely humorous and a wonderful political satirist. But I'm constantly trying to develop vegetarian recipes for what-would-be-traditionally-meat pies. I made these today. Mushrooms, thyme, white wine, pine nuts, shallots...

On the second picture you will see a beautiful plate hand-made by Julia Smith and available at....Antick!!


For the full recipe leave a comment, and all will be revealed.

No comments: